Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Work in progress



Here's what the house looks like so far. It's getting a make-over. We're putting stucco on the house where their used to be the dark brown wood. It just has part of the fiberglass board and trim up in some places so far. It's half grey and half brown. It's looking so different already.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can not believe what a difference that makes. Are you guys doing all the work yourselves.

Brielle said...

WOW! It looks so great! I'm glad you decided to go ahead and do this because it really looks like a whole new house.

Suzie Knowlton said...

Has that one cousin of John's ever been stuck in stucco? (Suzie and I were wondering how John's cousin fits into this whole "Kier's remodel" issue. We like him--John's cousin.)

Anonymous said...

Surprisingly, I haven't been stuck in stucco...per say. The closest I have come to being stuck in stucco, was when I decided to stucco my entire car. It was beautiful.

Then I drove it to a Frooble Tooble match in Tallahassee. When I arrived, I discovered that the stucco had dried en route, and I couldn't get my car's doors to open. I tried to roll down the windows, but when stucco sticks, it is really stuck.

I was stranded in my car, until one of my Frooble Tooble team-mates was able to shoot out the windshield with his slingshot. Fortunately I was wearing my football helmet, so I wasn't injured by flying glass.

I have now established a non-profit organization which promotes responsible stucco use. We have been able to make some amazing advances. Thanks to my organization, in 6 states it is now illegal for persons under 12 to purchase or possess stucco.

Please let me know if anyone would like to purchase one of our "StuccoWrong" bracelets, which are similar to the "livestrong" bracelets. All proceeds go to help orphans of stucco installers, who died because they got stuck in stucco.

Anonymous said...

I want one. Stuccoing in Ontario is a real problem...