Saturday, November 3, 2007

Pumpkins

Well, it's the Monday before Halloween and the K2's must now preform their traditional disfigurement of garden variety squash fruit that grows as a gourd, namely the pumpkin.

The only aspect of this years carving that differs from years past is the introduction of power tools. Year after year, my hands cramp and arms seize as I carve each of the children's intricate creations. Fixed on not repeating the ills of the past, I have gained permission to use my most manly hardware extensions.


Zip, zip, buzz buzz. And...




Viola! Perfect pumpkins! And no cramps!



So we all took a break and had some delicious honey roasted pumpkin seeds, and lit these babies up!




Note: There are only four pumpkins because Owen wouldn't stop rolling his all the time and all the kings horses and all the kings men, couldn't put it back together again. :( Sweet Savanah couldn't have Owen not having a pumpkin so if you notice hers is the one with her and Owen holding hands.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really loving this blog, and the fruits of the writing class...