Saturday, January 24, 2009

Addicted

You wonder how on earth a 35 week pregnant woman could be addicted to..... 



I know, I know, I myself don't even know when it happened.  A couple of the kids got them for Christmas and then after Christmas the rest bought their own so they each had one. 

 

In the beggining I was just trying to help Owen stay up with the other kids, earning him money so he could buy some fun furniture for his Whale's room and then I kept hearing "Mom, it's my turn to play",  I would hush him, oh so politely, and tell him I was doing him a favor by earning him lots of money to spend.   



Last night Kier took me on a date and broke the news to me softly that I was hogging Owen's Webkinz, so he took me to the store and let me pick out my own.  My very own, oh boy, what animal would I pick for me?  

In the end I got a turtle and named her Myrtle.

7 comments:

Serenity Rachel said...

Oh no! Simeon just got one of these from his Grandma today for his birthday. Is this going to be like Facebook and blogging and suck me in so I don't know where all the time goes? How nice of Kier to get you your very own:-)

Stephanie said...

My sister admits to "helping" her kids with their Webkinz while they are at school. I just hope Tory isn't too jealous.

Jen said...

We are going to have to get some Webkinz. I wonder if we would be able to interact with you guys?. All your talk of TiVo finally convinced us to get one now that our DirectTv contract is up. You guys have a lot of influence over us!

Robyn said...

Jen, Get one, get two, get three-they are so fun! Yes we could interact and your Webkinz can come to our house and vice-versa when you invite them over, the kids love to all go to one house and play battleship and games against each other. It's pretty much all we've been talking about around the dinner table lately.

Andy said...

I had no idea what Webkinz were. We bought a cute little gator for Finn and it had a Webkinz tag, but I didn't think anything about it. I'll have to let Mercer adopt it.

Quinn said...

I love the name! It reminds me of Coos Bay and all the myrtle wood. I need to find one for Tori. I don't think they have them here, but she has the same thing with a virtual person and she meets friends and they swap things. It's pretty cute, but I've heard that Webkinz are the rage. Gusti's coming soon.... add that to my wish list.lol.

Jamie said...

You are such a crack up! Wait till they're all at school and then you just play to your hearts content!