Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Projects

I've been feeling the paperwork overload lately.  With 5 kids in school that each have reading books, homework, permission slips, science fair info., pack meeting schedules, YW calenders, Activity Day Girls calenders, dentist reminders, etc., my paper world was starting to be in charge of me instead of me being in charge of it.  I have long since outgrown my little cork board and wasn't sure of were to turn.  I'm a visual person and filing away or having a file folder for each kid just wasn't working for me, I was just forgetting more and more things.  I saw a big magnet board at the store but wanted even bigger.  I could be organized and see it all.  Sure I had to give up some cutsey things on my wall but I think my sanity is worth it.
Fuctional can be a decorating style, right?  
Kier has spent the last couple of days making the board for me.  
Here is the finished project.    

8 comments:

Jen said...

It's like having a second refrigerator! For me it was all of Maddie's artwork that was overcrowding my fridge. We went to IKEA and got 4 white magnet boards and hung them on the wall to display all of her beautiful artwork. I really like your extra big one! I think functionality is the best style!

Andy said...

I like it Robyn- I think it will work great for you, and I love that the clock sticks too!

Stephanie said...

I, too, recently added a large magnet board to our kitchen. But, I'm still non-committal about it. Originally, I wanted to paint it red, but was scared that it would make it, and the clutter it would hold, stand out too much. But, I like your red frame, so maybe I should just do it. Leon is exasperated with me.

Anonymous said...

WHAT A WONDERFUL IDEA!! FORGET THE
FACT THAT IT'S A "WORKING PIECE OF
ART", I THINK IT LOOKS GREAT ON THE
WALL. MARTHA AND I THINK IT'S A
GOOD THING!!! NICE JOB KIER.

Holly said...

Since you will soon be adding another person to keep track of, getting organized now is a good idea. Does this count as "nesting?" Does it mean little Knowlton girl will be arriving soon?

Let's hope so.

Quinn said...

I love it! I have a clothes pin with the name of the kid on it glued to the door of my desk/cupboard. All the papers go under their designated clothes pin. My favorite thing to do it to throw out the papers when something is finished or past.

Anonymous said...

Wow! How much does Kier charge?

PSYCHMOM said...

Very cool, I love stuff like that.