Learning new things around here.
I bought some alfalfa seeds.
Soaked the seeds overnight, rinsed and drained them and they started to grow…..
….and grow. I kept rinsing and draining twice a day. My jar was packed!
After 4 days of growing I had a giant bowl full of fresh alfalfa sprouts.
We’ve put them in salads, on sandwiches, hamburgers and even got the kids to put them on hot dogs!
They are so good!!! (…and good for you too.)
My next adventure……sprouting wheat.
2 comments:
We had a class on sprouting in Enrichment several years back. A lady in my ward just keeps sprouts growing on her kitchen counter all the time. She sprouts just about everything that will sprout, and does what you do - salads, sandwiches, etc. I think she even bakes with the soaked/sprouted wheat - not sure - has been a while. I need to add something healthy like that into my family's diet, but first I need to get them to eat salads and a sandwich other than peanut butter and jelly (not sure sprouts would work in that type of sandwich). Maybe getting them to eat salad will be my first healthy step. :)
Do you remember my mom having sprouts around all the time? I love sprouts too!
Post a Comment